Apply For Services Online
***** ONLY (30) APPLICATIONS ARE TAKEN DAILY. PLEASE READ “IMPORTANT NOTES” AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. *****
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Although ALPI strives to provide services to all those in need, there are certain requirements which must be met. These requirements are as follows. All apllicants must:
- Have a total household gross income of no more than 150% of the Federal Poverty guidelines.
- Be responsible for paying their home heating or cooling bills.
- Be a resident of any one of the following counties: Collier, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Martin, Polk or St. Lucie.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, qualified alien or permanent resident of the U.S.
Additional requirements may be necessary for eligibility determination. You will be informed of these requirements at the time of application. Applications will not be processed without the required documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Application may be made (1) in person (via appointment only) or (2) online at www.alpi.org. Applications are accepted at any of our approved locations, listed on our website, under the LIHEAP page. Anyone wishing to receive “in-person” service, must call the number below to schedule an appointment – walk-ins are not accepted. When applying for assistance, you must bring:
- Photo ID (not expired) for all household members over 18 years of age.
- Social Security Cards for all household members.
- Proof of Income for the past 30 days for all household members (no bank statements).
- Complete Light Bill (no Final Notice).
- Food Stamp Approval Letter (if receiving assistance).
- Section 8 or HUD Housing
- Rental Form 50059 (if applicable to you).
About Scanning Documents
Documents can be scanned using a desk scanner or by taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet.
In Person Appointments
Call 863-247-3001 to schedule an in-person appointment.
For those seeking assistance, but do not have access to a computer, or unable to navigate this page, you may request a paper application via email, at [email protected].
****** IMPORTANT NOTES ****** (1) The application button below goes “offline” AFTER 5 p.m., every Friday evening. The button goes “live” again, on the following Monday, by 8:30 a.m. During this “offline” time, applications cannot be completed online. During any ALPI observed holidays, the same process will be followed. (2) The application system will only accept the first 30 applications, daily. Once the daily maximum of (30) is reached, the system will no longer accept applications, until the following day. The system resets after midnight, at an unknown time, each day. (3) ALPI is not able to provide technical assistance and/or support, with regard to computer or cell phone issues, experienced while trying to access the online application. (4) Please do not call the office, to inquire about online applications not being available, as staff cannot override the system.