Apply For Services Online
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Although ALPI strives to provide services to all those in need, there are certain requirements which must be met. These requirements are as follows. All apllicants must:
- Have a total household gross income of no more than 150% of the Federal Poverty guidelines.
- Be responsible for paying their home heating or cooling bills.
- Be a resident of any one of the following counties: Collier, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Martin, Polk or St. Lucie.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, qualified alien or permanent resident of the U.S.
Additional requirements may be necessary for eligibility determination. You will be informed of these requirements at the time of application. Applications will not be processed without the required documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Application may be made (1) in person (via appointment only) or (2) online at www.alpi.org. Applications are accepted at any of our approved locations, listed on our website, under the LIHEAP page. Anyone wishing to receive “in-person” service, must call the number below to schedule an appointment – walk-ins are not accepted. When applying for assistance, you must bring:
- Photo ID (not expired) for all household members over 18 years of age.
- Social Security Cards for all household members.
- Proof of Income for the past 30 days for all household members (no bank statements).
- Complete Light Bill (no Final Notice).
- Food Stamp Approval Letter (if receiving assistance).
- Section 8 or HUD Housing
- Rental Form 50059 (if applicable to you).
About Scanning Documents
Documents can be scanned using a desk scanner or by taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet.
In-Person Appointment Hotline
ALPI’s 24/7 toll-free appointment hotline is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
If you have any further questions regarding this application process or are experiencing technical difficulties, please email us at ServiceApplication@alpi.org.
**IMPORTANT NOTE** If you do not wish to complete your application online and prefer to have a paper application sent to you via USPS mail, please email your request to ServiceApplication@alpi.org.