- High School Diploma or General Development Diploma (GED) and one or more years child care experience in a school setting and 45 hours of DCF training requirements. OR
- High School Diploma or General Development Diploma (GED) and a Child Development Associate (CDA) or additional education in an accredited institution of higher learning, such as an Associates of Arts Degree in Early Childhood, may be substituted for experience. 45 hours DCF training requirements.
- Assist the teacher in the interaction of children in the classroom in order to aid in the educational, social, and emotional development of children by helping the teacher prepare lesson plans and design learning activities.
- Assist the teacher in the implementation of the curriculum.
- Observes children daily and records child outcomes data on Teaching Strategies Gold ongoing assessment only system when needed.
- Assist with supervision of children in classroom, playground, restrooms and all other activities.
- Assist the teacher in the daily observation and evaluation of the cognitive, social, physical and educational development of children.
- Assist the teacher in providing social and learning experiences during family-style meal service and assist with mealtime clean up. Maintains accurate attendance and meal records.
- Assist teacher in observation and recording of children’s behavior.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to manage an assigned group
- Working knowledge of how to provide appropriate comfort and care to age group while staying focused on the developmental needs of children
- Must have appropriate identification upon request.
- Ability to input data in agency management information system
- Customer service skills and detail oriented.
LOCATION: Fort Pierce, FL