On Monday, Governor DeSantis issued a new executive order expanding eligibility of the vaccine to now include:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- K-12 school employees 50 years of age and older
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older
- In addition to hospital providers, licensed physicians, ARNP and pharmacists may also vaccinate persons whom they deem to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19. The health department released a form for medical providers to fill out to authorize the vaccine.
FEMA is using Lake Maude Recreation Park (1790 7th Street NE, Winter Haven) to distribute vaccines daily, now until Tuesday, March 9 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. No registration is required at this walk-up site. Those interested must meet current patient criteria as established by the state. This site will re-open 21 days later (March 24) for a 7-day window to administer second dose vaccinations. The anticipated number of daily vaccinations at the site is 500. Please note the City is providing the location, but the operations are managed entirely by FEMA. Bring proof of employment.