NHSA 2019 Fall Leadership Institute
September 23 - September 26
In today’s evolving world, growing Head Start’s bipartisan support is of paramount importance. That’s why we’re calling on Head Start leaders from across the country to join us in Washington to work together in building on Head Start’s long history of success. This September, join hundreds of your colleagues for a four-day deep dive into the policy and advocacy issues that will impact Head Start.
Why should you join?
- Advocate Joining the Head Start community in Washington, D.C. to advocate with your members of Congress is best way to demonstrate to those who decide Head Start’s funding that Head Start matters.
- Network Join Head Start leaders from across the country for a policy and government relations bootcamp. Share your stories of successes and challenges with others to learn from each other’s experiences and form a bond that lasts past your time in D.C.
- Learn Come to the center of the country’s policymaking hub to hear from the experts about the implementation of new policies, what’s on the horizon, and how we can scale best practices that have been identified in Head Start programs across the country.
Why is this year’s Institute so important?
- How has Head Start fared in the past year, and how can we, as Head Start’s leaders, build off of successes and convert challenges into opportunities over the next year and for decades to come?
- How will new politicians, decision-makers, and the upcoming elections impact early childhood issues?
- How can we reinvent our advocacy efforts locally and nationally to garner new champions and redouble support for Head Start?
Join this event to meet with and hear directly from the Office of Head Start leadership team about plans for Head Start in the 2020 program ycccrwasin